Sunday, January 20, 2013

Bug found in a recent movie

Google has made it bit difficult to type in Marathi these days, that's why I'm posting my blogs in English nowadays. I'll come to the title in no time.

If you watch bollywood movies recently, you'll find it hard to get a movie with a new story. Almost all movies have stories stolen from south indians. The worst part is that they're remaking it just the way it was in south India.

Examples are Ghajini, Wanted, Singham, Rowdy Rathod and so on. May be the unbelievable fights in these movies are 'digestible' in South India, but we found them extremely annoying. 

Now, I'll give an example of how they make movies without thinking a little bit. Singham was a movie in South India, and as many people know South Indian people use their father's name as last name. So, it was possible that someone would have Singham as his last name.

Guys in bollywood thought of remaking this movie, and thought to show the hero as a Marathi guy. But Marathi people have Surname (family name) as their last name. Obviously Bajirao must be first name of the hero and Singham would be his surname.

Did you observe even hero's dad in the movie calls him by the name 'Singham'? It'd be like a dad calling his son by their family name!! I never heard of this.
At least my dad never called me 'Hey Kulkarni, come here'
Neither I heard my friends' dad calling them like 'Beta Deshpande, where are you?'

So you see where's the bug?

-pk

No comments: